Sitting down here today I honestly had no idea what to write about. So today I decided to write you a short letter...from my heart to yours, telling you the five things I want you to always remember. The five things I hope you never forget.
Let's be real for just a minute. Life is hard. There are some days that just take every part of us and leave us exhausted. Those moments cloud our vision about life, ourselves, and others. So these are the words I want you to remember in those hard moments. The moments when you don't feel these words, I want you to remember that they're always true.
Hold onto this truth and it'll help you through those hard times.
1) You are loved (Jeremiah 31:3). I know these words seem to be tossed around all the time, so much that we can sometimes forget what they really mean. But here's the thing...even on those hard days? The days when you don't feel lovable? The days when you don't feel fully loved by anyone? The Creator of the whole world, the One who made you, is so madly in love with you that you could never even comprehend it. He's crazy about you!! His love is more magnificent than the greatest romance book of all time and His heart for you is larger than life. He loves even your broken pieces and your messy pieces. He loves you completely and fully. His love is the only thing that can complete you. So on those hard days when the lies whisper that no one loves you? Please, hold onto this. You are loved. Completely. Fully. Unimaginably loved. And His love is never going away.
2) You are not alone (Hebrews 13:5). Not for one single second have you ever been alone. Everyone you've ever loved may have walked out on you. You may not have one person in this world you can fully trust or rely on. But you are never alone. Because the One who hung the stars in place holds your heart in His hands and stands by your side. His arms wrap you in His strong embrace when the world walks out and He whispers assurances of His love in your ear, if you just listen long enough to hear them. No matter what you do, or what happens to you, there will never be a moment when He walks out or leaves you. He will always be right there.
3) The morning always comes (Psalm 30:5). Sometimes those dark nights of pain and hurt seem to last forever. We wonder how to go on. We long for the light to shine through the darkness because the darkness hurts too much. Well, you know what? The morning always comes. The sun always rises again. Those bright beams of light always come up over the horizon after a long night. Never give up hope and stop believing. Because your morning will come too. You might be feeling like you're going through a long night that won't end, but someday it will. Someday morning will come again for you too. I promise.
4) You are forgiven (Isaiah 43:25). You know those times when you know that you've completely messed up? You've totally ruined whatever situation it is and you know you've messed up big time. And you know those times when the sin in your life destroyed so many things you loved and at the end of it you just wish you could do it all again? Those times when you messed up so bad you don't think anyone could forgive you and you for sure couldn't forgive yourself? The truth is...you're already forgiven. God says that He has blotted out your sins and forgiven all your offenses! But that's not where He stops! He also says that He will remember your sins no more. So those nights when you lie awake thinking back on the wrong choices you made and wishing you could redo them? He doesn't even remember them. So breathe, my friend. Take a deep breath and breathe in this amazing, radical forgiveness. No matter what you've done, it is covered by the blood of Jesus.
5) Your life matters (Jeremiah 1:5). Oh, yes. Yes it does. More than you could imagine. More than you could comprehend. Your life has purpose. You are here for a reason. And your life is priceless. Your life matters beyond what you can even see right now. There are people and things in this life that God created you to impact, and you alone. If you aren't here or if you don't pursue the purpose God has given you, then others will miss out too. So never, not for one moment, forget your worth and how much you matter. To the people in your life and to the people your life is meant to touch, and to the God of all creation, you matter. Believe it. ♥
Never forget, my friends.
Isabella Morganthal (20) is a homeschool high school graduate who loves Jesus with all of her heart. She is a drummer, writer, creative arts director, and modern-day abolitionist.