"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." (Psalm 118:29)
Happy Thanksgiving, friends! God is so good to us and He gives us so many reasons to be thankful to Him. This can be a crazy world we live in and sometimes amid the turkey and stuffing and the early Black Friday deals, we can lose sight of the true meaning of Thanksgiving. We can sometimes lose sight of what really matters. Like being thankful for what we have and stopping to let the people you're thankful for know that you love them.
Friends, won't you join me today in giving thanks to God for all the many good, wonderful gifts He has given us? From the small things like baked corn (yes please, my favorite), to the big things like His never ending, never wavering love for us.
To celebrate the true meaning of today, here are just a few of the many things I'm thanking God for today.
1) The love of my Savior. His love is so great and so wide that nothing can separate me from it. Not pain, not sadness, not sickness, nothing. He loves me. Thank You, Jesus.
2) My beautiful family. The people who know me best and love me anyway. The people who I love with all my heart. Thank You, Jesus.
3) The crazy amazing people I call friends. Those who didn't have to stick around, but did anyway. Thank You, Jesus.
4) A safe place to sleep at night. My house and my room all decorated in teal. Thank You, Jesus.
5) Good health. For the good days when I don't have a headache and for the days when I know He's going to heal me. Thank You, Jesus.
6) For Thanksgiving food. Like baked corn. And pumpkin pie. Or my Mama's macaroni and cheese and green bean casserole. The food You've given us. Thank You, Jesus.
7) Books that smell like adventures. The books lining my bookshelf that have filled my heart and life. Thank You, Jesus.
8) My dreams come true. My own books with "Morganthal" engraved on the spine, my blog, my magazine ministry. Thank You, Jesus.
9) Memories. Sometimes life takes us to new seasons and it can be hard to let go. I'm thankful for the memories that make me smile. Thank You, Jesus.
10) Sunlight streaming bright and warm through the front screen door. Even though the air is cold, the sun is warm and it's my favorite. Thank You, Jesus.
11) You reading. For the ones who read what I write and support the journey He is leading me on. Thank You, Jesus.
What are you thankful to Jesus for today? Share in the comments! Have a wonderful day counting the innumerable blessings from a God who is crazy about us. <3
Isabella Morganthal (21) is a homeschool high school graduate who loves Jesus with all of her heart. She is a drummer, writer, creative arts director, and modern-day abolitionist.